Friday 3 April 2020

Tantra Sadhana - Sri Ramakrishna

Tantra Sadhana - Sri Ramakrishna 

'One night the Brahmani brought a beautiful young woman from somewhere and arranged the worship. She put the woman on Devi's seat, then instructed me, "My child, worship her as the goddess." When the worship was over, she said to me: "My child, think of her as the veritable Divine Mother. Sit on her lap and practice japa wholeheartedly." I was seized with fear, wept piteously, and said to the Divine Mother: "Mother why do You give this command to one who has taken refuge in You? Does Your weak child have the power to withstand such a severe trial?  As soon as I said that, my heart was filled with divine strength. Like a hypnotized person, not knowing what I was doing, I repeated the mantra, sat on the woman's lap and immediately went into samadhi. When I regained outer consciousness, the Brahmani said:  "You have completed the rite, my child. Under such circumstances, others restrain themselves with great difficulty and finish by repeating the mantra for a very short time. But you entered samadhi, loosing body-consciousness completely!" When I heard this I was reassured. With a grateful heart I bowed down to the Divine Mother again and again for enabling me to withstand the ordeal. 

-Approaching Ramakrishna

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LAST DAYS OF MRINALINI DEVI AND SRI AUROBINDO’S LETTER TO HIS FATHER-IN-LAW

THE LAST DAYS OF MRINALINI DEVI AND SRI AUROBINDO’S LETTER TO HIS FATHER-IN-LAW This is the last of the posts we have published ...