Wednesday 28 September 2022

When we go to the Divine for help

Once there was a great shortage of cement in the Ashram and as I was then in charge of purchases the responsibility for procuring it rested on me. So I asked our Mother to do something about it as really all our building work had come to a standstill. The suppliers of cement kept on regretting their inability to supply cement to us. The Mother said She would look into the matter.
      Then the cement began to come, a regular flood. All our warehouses were full and we could not use the cement fast enough to meet the inflow. So the departments concerned asked me to stop the supply. I did this without consulting the Mother. The supply stopped. It stopped completely for such a long time that there was again a shortage, worse than before. I went once more to the Mother for Her help and told Her the whole story. She was displeased at my action in stopping the supply.
      She said to me that when we go to the Divine for help we must be prepared to receive it in whatever measure it comes. If the supplies were large, we should have enlarged our capacity to use them. To have stopped the supply, as I did, showed a great lack of understanding of the Divine's way of working and so was quite unspiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

अफजल खां का वध

20 नवम्बर, 1659 ई. - अफजल खां का वध :- बीजापुर की तरफ से अफजल खां को छत्रपति शिवाजी महाराज के खिलाफ भेजा गया। अफजल खां 10 हज़ार क...