Sunday 6 November 2022

Anicca, anicca

Q: I find myself saying sometimes “Anicca, anicca” when I’m meditating. Is that good or not?

SNG: Don’t repeat it so often and make it a mantra because a mantra won’t help. But understand anicca, that everything is changing. If once in a while you say “Anicca” and then understand it, nothing wrong. But don’t repeat it so often.

Q: Okay. And then I have trouble up here [top of the head] and it keeps me from starting for a long time.

SNG: Then start with Anapana. Yes, whenever you find you can’t start from here that shows that the mind is a little dull, it can’t work. So work here [area of the nostrils], the mind becomes sharp and then start from here [top of the head].

Q: And do that often?

SNG: Yes, yes.

* * *

Q: In the technique, you said we should go part by part, each by each. As I move faster and faster this last half an hour or so, I seem to have gone into the whole part and felt the whole part at one time.

SNG: Doesn’t matter. Tomorrow, the day after tomorrow you will be doing that. If you have started doing it now, nothing wrong. Do that, do that.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

अफजल खां का वध

20 नवम्बर, 1659 ई. - अफजल खां का वध :- बीजापुर की तरफ से अफजल खां को छत्रपति शिवाजी महाराज के खिलाफ भेजा गया। अफजल खां 10 हज़ार क...