Monday 4 May 2020

WHEN SWAMI VIVEKANANDA GAVE KNOWLEDGE TO MAHARSHI AUROBINDO

WHEN SWAMI VIVEKANANDA GAVE KNOWLEDGE TO MAHARSHI AUROBINDO 

Sri Aurobindo:  Then there is the incident of the personality of Vivekananda visiting me in jail.(1908_1909) He explained to me in detail the work of the Supramental - not exactly of the Supramental, but of the intuitivised mind, the mind as it is organised by the Supramental. He did not use the word "Supermind", I gave this name afterwards. That experience lasted for about two weeks.

Nirodbaran: Was that a vision?

Sri Aurobindo: No, it was not a vision. I would not have trusted a vision.

It was Vivekananda who used to come to me in Alipore Jail and showed to me Intuitive plane and for about two to three weeks or so gave me training as regards Intuition. Then afterwards I began to see still higher planes. I am not satisfied with only a part, or a flash of Supermind but I want to bring down the whole mass of the Supermind pure, and that is an extremely difficult business.- Maharshi Aurobindo .

Swami Vivekananda died in july 1902
Source internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE LAST DAYS OF MRINALINI DEVI AND SRI AUROBINDO’S LETTER TO HIS FATHER-IN-LAW

THE LAST DAYS OF MRINALINI DEVI AND SRI AUROBINDO’S LETTER TO HIS FATHER-IN-LAW This is the last of the posts we have published ...