Friday 1 April 2022

MATHUR'S DESIRE FOR BHAVA SAMADHI

MATHUR'S DESIRE FOR BHAVA SAMADHI

Seeing Sri Ramakrishna in samadhi many times, Mathur became eagar to know more about this mysterious phenomenon. He knew very well that the Master had the power to transmit samadhi to others, so one day he asked to experience it himself. At first Sri Ramakrishna tried to dissuade him saying: 'Look, it will come at the right time. Does a seed sprout into a tree as soon as it is sown and bear fruit to be eaten immediately?' But after repeated requests from Mathur, Master finally said: 'Well. I'll ask Mother about it. She will do as she thinks best.'
A few days later Mathur experienced bhava samadhi (a state in which the mind is neither in the absolute plane nor in the relative plane) while at his home at Calcutta. Sri Ramakrishna described what happened next: 'He sent for me; and when I went there I found him altogether changed - he wasn't the same man. Whenever he spoke of God, he shed floods of tears. His eyes were red from weeping, and his heart was pounding. When he saw me, he fell down and clasped my feet. "Father", he said, 'I admit it - I'm beaten! I' have been in this state for the past three days. I can't apply my mind to wordly affairs, however hard I try. Everything is going wrong. Please take back the ecstasy you gave me. I don't want it. But you begged me for ecstasy.' I said. I know I did. And it is indeed a blissful state - but what's the use of bliss when all my wordly affairs are going to pieces? This ecstasy of yours, Father it only suits you. The rest of us don't really want it. Please take it back! Then I laughed and just rubbed Mathur's chest with my hand and he was himself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

अफजल खां का वध

20 नवम्बर, 1659 ई. - अफजल खां का वध :- बीजापुर की तरफ से अफजल खां को छत्रपति शिवाजी महाराज के खिलाफ भेजा गया। अफजल खां 10 हज़ार क...