Sunday 7 May 2017

SRI RAMAKRISHNA AND VIJAY GOSWAMI

THE MASTER AND VIJAY GOSWAMI
Master(Sri Ramakrishna): " I don't want to become sugar; I want to eat it.' I never feel like saying, ' I am Brahman.' I say, ' Thou art my Lord and I am Thy servant.' It is better to make the mind go up and down between the fifth and sixth planes , like a boat racing between two points. I don't want to go beyond the sixth plane and keep my mind a long time in the seventh. My desire is to sing the name and glories of God. It is very good to look on God as the master and oneself as His servant. Further, you see, people speak of the waves as belonging to the Ganges; but no one says that the Ganges belongs to the waves. The feeling,' I am He', is not wholesome. A man who entertains such an idea, while looking on his body as the Self, causes himself great harm. He cannot go forward in spiritual life; he drags himself down. He deceives himself as well as others. He cannot understand his own state of mind.
" But it isn't any and every kind of bhakti that enables one to realize God.. One cannot realize God without prema-bhakti. God cannot be realized without love and longing. Unless one has learnt to love God, one cannot realize Him
.
FROM :- THE GOSPEL OF SRI RAMAKRISHNA, 172

No comments:

Post a Comment

अफजल खां का वध

20 नवम्बर, 1659 ई. - अफजल खां का वध :- बीजापुर की तरफ से अफजल खां को छत्रपति शिवाजी महाराज के खिलाफ भेजा गया। अफजल खां 10 हज़ार क...